Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paris


My first day in Paris was exactly what I had expected; just like my friends had told me. I knew it would be an easy trip with lots of laughs, interactive tours, and good memories.

The tourguide gave me a brochure outlining the "must see" sites. He explained that it was an open tour. He had an agenda, certain sites he wanted us to see, but said we could go to other locations that more entertained our interests.

Throughout the tour I tried to go to sites that interested me, but it usually took too much effort and it was so much easier to just follow the tourguide. Sometiems when I ventured off I would get lost and start to doubt leaving the group.

But the truth is, when I took the time to go to locations outside of the outlined brochure, I enjoyed my vacation more and I was learning more about Paris.

Overall, Paris was quite the trip. I learned more that I expected, but I know that I could have learned and experienced so much more if I would have taken risks.

I want to go back to Paris, I really do. I just wonder if I'll ever get around to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment