Sunday, September 23, 2012

What If

I'm afraid of my happiness. Right now, I'm happy! Life is treating me well. I feel good about where I'm at. And that is what makes me so afraid. 




We're given trials that bring us down, but eventually lift us higher than we've ever been before. Who really knows that for sure? What if we don't respond to the hardships by climbing higher? What if I'm stuck in that deep, dark place? Stuck. What if I've been dragged so far down, I can't find my way back up? 
What if?


I'm afraid of what if 's. 

What if I give all that I can and it's just not enough?
What if I shoot for the stars, but get sucked into a black hole?
What if I lose that someone because I don't think I'm good enough?
What if?
What if I can never truly accept myself?
What if I never find someone who truly accepts me?


But what if these fears don't even matter?




2 comments:

  1. what if i've been dragged so far down, i can't find my way back up?

    love this.

    stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post in general. It really causes on to think.

    ReplyDelete